The Rwanda Allied Health Professions Council (RAHPC) is a statutory body established under the RAHPC Law N°46/2012 of 14/01/2013 and is committed to protecting the public and guiding the professions.
Health Professionals must be registered and licensed so that you can be sure that practitioners:
· are sincere;
· meet standards of professional conduct; and
· are protected.
We regulate allied health practitioners in Rwanda and we are mandated to protect the public. We only register allied health professionals who meet our minimum standards for their training, professional skills and behaviour.
The Council has the power to institute disciplinary proceedings regarding any complaint, charge or allegation of unprofessional conduct against any person registered and licensed with the Council. If a registered practitioner transgresses the rules as laid down by the Council, the practitioner will be subjected to a disciplinary process in terms of the existing regulations.
· set standards for registrants' education and training, professional skills, conduct and ethics;
· keep a register of professionals who meet those standards;
· approve programmes which professionals must complete to register with us in collaboration with the Higher Education Council; and
· take action when professionals on our register do not meet our regulatory requirements.
This means that professionals registered with us are expected to be sincere and meet national requirements. Therefore, it gives you protection if professionals fail to meet these standards. You may also check with us whether a professional is registered and licensed to provide healthcare services.